Saturday, August 8, 2009

Retail Therapy

I'm a shopper. It doesn't really matter what I'm shopping for - I just enjoy it. So this weekend was like nirvana for me. I took off with two good friends from Cache Valley and went shopping. We left Friday evening and hit the Target in Layton first - it's a real novelty for us since we don't have a Target here. We had a great time - they actually had to kick us out at 10 pm. After that we headed down to Salt Lake City and stayed overnight so we could get a jump on the shopping festivities Saturday. We went to Gateway, had lunch, and drove to Park City. With the help of some good sales and the judicious use of coupons (thanks to Kim, who provided us with some great deals), we had quite the successful trip. We bought mostly clothes for the kids, although I did hit the Harry and David outlet store for some White Chocolate Macadamia Moose Munch for Jay as well.

We had so much fun! It's always fun to get away for a bit and if shopping is involved, all the better. I missed my family, though, and was glad to get back home on Saturday evening. Whoever said that absence makes the heart grow fonder was really onto something.

I'm actually feeling a bit shopped out at the moment, but that's OK. The kids have clothes for fall and even a few for next spring (thanks to summer clearance sales). By the time the Christmas holidays roll around, I should be ready for another round of retail therapy.

No comments: