Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Preschool Princess


Today was Tessa's first day of preschool. She has been excited to start school this year. We found a cute princess-themed backpack at Family Dollar a few weeks ago and snapped it up. So far she's kept her stickers and "scrapbooks" in it, but today she got to take it to school.

Her preschool teacher is a good friend of mine. Tessa plays really well with her daughter and has a pretty high comfort level going to their house, so I wasn't worried about her crying when I dropped her off. Before we left, she said, "Mama, I'm going to miss you." But I told her that I'd be back as soon as school was over to get her and she perked right up. It's strange that Tessa is getting ready to bop on off to preschool, because as a baby and young toddler she was incredibly clingy and didn't want to be out of my sight. She's always been a mama's girl but it's nice to see her show some readiness to branch out a bit. She was a little quiet when she first got there, according to her teacher, but she warmed up nicely. She was excited to see me when I picked her up and seems excited to go back on Thursday.

She practiced saying, "hi, my name is Tessa. What's your name?" all day. She wants to make new friends and have fun, which is just perfect because that's all I really want her to do in preschool. She'll learn alot, but at her age it's more about learning social dynamics and being around other kids.

Anyway, my baby started preschool today. And liked it. It was a good day.

4 comments:

Lori said...

oh yay :) I'm so glad she liked it and did so well.

Mom said...

I cannot believe that they are
all three getting so "grown up"
so quickly.

I love spending time with them.
They each are so special have
have unique personalities.

Love

Mom (Grandma)

Wright's said...

Cute Tessa. I love "first" days of school. There is such an excitement about them.....and me!

bevnmax said...

hey Tessa. Aren't you a BIG girl now ?!! Pre-school already and the perfect backpack as well. What an exciting day for you and how grown up you are getting. Lovely to see your Smiling face
love from bevnmax XXXX