Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Fever

Boy, have we all got Spring Fever. I wonder if it is officially classified as an illness? Because it should be. It makes me sick to have warmth and sunshine one day and cold, wind and snow the next. But welcome to spring, I guess.

This is what springtime in Northern Utah looks like:


It can take a while for all the snow to melt. We start to get optimistic when bits of grass are actually visible, as they are here. If we can go outside without jackets, all the better. The problem with spring is that it is so wet and soggy. I love the warmth and I love watching everything turn green, but it seems like it's May before everything is nice and dry after a winter of being snowed under.

I guess the bigger problem is that I (and most people I know) have Spring Fever and it's not even officially spring yet. Intellectually I know that spring doesn't begin until somewhere around March 20th or so, but it just seems natural to label March 1st as the start of spring. Just like I always think of autumn as starting in September when really it's closer to October.

Tomorrow the forecast is for partly cloudy and 31 degrees for a high temperature. If you need me, I'll be wrapped in a blanket, reading a good book. Call me when it's spring. Or 50 degrees. Whichever comes first.

1 comment:

mstokes said...

I hope that you got lots of good things in SLC. I love it that we can see that grass - a little!