Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kidisms

Kids are so funny. I love listening to them talk. Here are a few recent examples of kid-talk at our house:

Henry - Octopuses have technicals that will grab you. (Apparently he watches way too much basketball. See my Bracketology posts.)

Tessa - Let's talk together, Mama. About me and my princesses.

William - I love dinosaurs. And Ty Cobb. (He and Henry have been collecting baseball cards and have a few of the old-timers in their collection.)

I love the words that they make up when they are learning to talk. For example, root beer in our house is known as "bah bah boo" because William had a hard time saying root beer when he was smaller. Henry called a certain type of construction truck a "duh bah dee" - William still uses that word today. Tessa can't say the word "better" so it comes out as "berry", as in "We berry get my jacket on."

But my favorite thing the kids say is "I love you." You just can't hear that enough, can you?

No comments: