Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bracketology II

Well, if you follow the NCAA Basketball Tournament, otherwise known as March Madness, you know that the Final Four is set. Michigan State, UConn, North Carolina, and Villanova will be playing next weekend for the NCAA Championship.

As the games have progressed over the past two weeks, we've kept careful track of our brackets. All except for Tessa - she carries hers around the house coloring on it. But Henry, Jay and I have kept track of wins and losses and points. We tally points in our house in the following way - in the first round, you get 1 point for every win you predict correctly; in the 2nd round, you get two points for every win you predict correctly, and so on.

Jay tallied up our points today and, for the first time, I'm ahead of him going into the Final Four weekend. Unfortunately, I don't expect this lead to last, because only one of my Final Four picks is still in the tournament (UNC). Jay still has UNC and Michigan State playing, so he has a better chance of earning points next weekend than I do. If Michigan State wins their game on Saturday, I'm done. Boo.

But the thing that is really bothering me is that, so far, Henry is in the lead. Henry. 7 year old sports geek Henry. Henry, the kid who thinks he's a few months away from signing his big contract with the Utah Jazz. Henry, who filled out his very first bracket this year! I get that Jay knows more about me than sports. I can accept coming in second to him. I don't like it, but I accept it, especially considering the amount of time he spent on the internet researching his picks while I filled my bracket out the night before the tournament started about 10 minutes before I went to bed. But Henry? Really?

I'm never playing this game again.

1 comment:

mstokes said...

If you can't beat them then join them! (Maybe you can beat them!)