Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ah, Spring!

All together now - yuck! It's cloudy and snowy and gloomy and I'm not happy about it.

What's worse is that last week was just beautiful - temperatures in the 50's and 60's with sunshine - so the kids got a taste of spring. We played outside, we went on walks, we had fun outside with soccer and playing basketball and hunting for bugs. And now they are going stir crazy all over again. Yesterday it was windy and cloudy and in the 30's. William wanted desperately to go outside to play so I said OK. He didn't last too long and came in with a red nose and red hands. Henry had soccer practice (William's practice for today was cancelled - see above for the reason) and it was too cold to let the other kids play in the park while he practiced, so we went to the library instead. Tessa was mad at me for not taking her outside and she wailed forlornly and pressed her nose against the front window as she watched William run around with his friend Calvin. "But I want to see Calvin", she cried. "There he is, you can see him fine from inside where it's warm," was my reply. That didn't go over too well. Are all almost three year old girls drama queens? My sneaking suspicion is yes.

Anyway, now it's spring. Hooray. Wake me when it's summer.

1 comment:

Kassey said...

I feel the same way! I wish the spring would stop tempting us and just come to stay!!