Friday, February 13, 2009

True Love


Nothing says love in the Wright household quite like a heart-shaped pizza. So for dinner on Friday we utilized a coupon and had a Papa Murphy's pizza. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but it really was heart-shaped. And yummy.

Our week was spent preparing for Friday's school Valentine's Day festivities. We spent quite a bit of time working on valentines for school and neighborhood friends. We baked and distributed (and ate) sugar cookies. And today was the big day. And can I just say how glad I am it's over? Apparently it's such a big deal that the boys were too excited to sleep - they were up well before their normal wake-up time of 7:00 am. And the amount of sugary stuff in the house has grown exponentially in just a few short hours. And it's not even the big day!

Actually, Jay and I aren't too big on Valentine's Day. It's just not a big deal to us. We don't give big gifts or anything. A heartfelt message in a card is something that we do for each other every year, with the occasional flowers or dinner thrown in. But in general, to us, it's just another day. Well, maybe an excuse for a fun dinner or some treats, but that's it. And that's how we like it. I think sometimes people put alot of pressure on the execution of something "big" on Valentine's Day and then they are disappointed. I know that Jay loves me because of the way he acts and the things he says the other 364 days of the year (and hopefully he feels the same about me). I don't need a big gift or special plans on a random day in February to remind me. I think it's fine that other people do special things on Valentine's Day, but since neither Jay nor I care about it, it works well for us.

Tomorrow we do have some fun plans for our family. We are taking a tour of the new Draper Temple. We've had reservations since December and are going with most of the extended Wright family. It should be fun - assuming that we do OK with the longish car ride and the anticipated snow. Maybe we can sneak in some hand-holding and kisses as well. After all, it will be Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

mstokes said...

Puppy + Kitty = Forever in Love!

Chris and Kels said...

Rhonda-

I hope you don't mind that I have been looking at your blog! I love it and I love that you post so often! I have a student teacher at school right now so I spend way too much time looking at blogs! I sent you an invite e-mail...you should really try the 75 random facts post, it was SO hard but I really learned a lot about myself!