Wednesday, February 18, 2009

75 Things About Me

I have some friends who did this on their blogs and thought it would be fun to try. It took me a while to come up with the entire list. Of course, after I finished all 75 things I found that most people only make their list to 25. That would have been much easier! Anyway, since I had already completed my list, here you go:

1. My middle name is Renee, making my name Rhonda Renee Royal Wright. Say it fast three times.
2. I’m the oldest of three children and miss my siblings and their families.
3. I’ve finally started to get comfortable driving in the snow, after almost 14 years in Utah.
4. I love 80’s music. Love it!
5. I’m a math geek and love algebra.
6. I love chocolate.
7. I hate to exercise but like the way it makes me feel afterwards.
8. I was put in the Nursery at church because I had a hard time letting Tessa cry.
9. I actually like being in Nursery now – I think 18 months to 3 years old is one of my favorite ages.
10. 3 is not my favorite age (of my kids particularly) so I think I would cry if I had to teach Sunbeams (the 3 year old class).
11. I didn’t get married until the ripe old age of 29 years old.
12. I thank my Heavenly Father every day that a wonderful man like Jay was still available when we met.
13. It took me a while to get used to being a Stay at Home Mom, but I love it now.
14. I’m not a good baker, although I recently found a yummy sugar cookie recipe that I can manage.
15. I’ve never been to Disneyland.
16. I’ve never been to Yellowstone.
17. My celebrity crush is Sting. Love him.
18. I love to read.
19. I desperately want to get into all the popular shows on TV but they just get stacked up on my Tivo list until I delete them.
20. I can’t remember life before Tivo.
21. I don’t like to be outside. I prefer a nice climate controlled environment.
22. My kids watch way too much TV during the winter but I don’t feel guilty about it.
23. I love Coke Slurpees.
24. I had to drastically reduce my Slurpee intake in order to lose the 25 pounds that I lost in 2008.
25. I’m having a hard time losing the last 10 – 15 pounds that I want to lose.
26. Jay is a much better cook than I am.
27. Although I’m not officially registered in any political party, I consider myself a Democrat.
28. I cried (tears of joy!) when Barack Obama won the election.
29. I worry that I’m not a very good mom sometimes.
30. I have a favorite John Wayne movie – The Searchers.
31. I love musical theater.
32. My favorite chick flick is You’ve Got Mail – “Don’t cry, Shopgirl.”
33. I think my son looks cute in his glasses.
34. I know more about dinosaurs than I ever wanted to know.
35. I’m enjoying Tessa’s princess phase.
36. I think I’m smarter than I used to be because I Google.
37. I cried when I weaned Tessa from breastfeeding when she was 15 ½ months old.
38. The main reason I weaned her was so Jay and I could take a 10th anniversary trip to San Francisco and I still feel a little guilty about it.
39. Jay is a better home decorator than I am.
40. I was prouder than I should have been of the pillowcases I made my kids for Christmas.
41. I love living in a cul-de-sac and I love my neighborhood.
42. One thing I miss as a SAHM is adult interaction. Sometimes I follow Jay around the house when he gets home from work so I can talk to another adult.
43. Henry has inherited my chattiness and it drives me crazy and yes, I get the irony.
44. I love to shop. Even just window shopping makes me happy.
45. I’d rather spend money on my kids than on myself.
46. I enjoy watching sports, which is good because so does Jay.
47. Turning 40 wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.
48. Tessa isn’t potty trained mainly because I’m lazy. I think she’d probably do OK, but I don’t want to hassle with it.
49. My favorite color is green.
50. Part of me wants to move back to the South so my kids will say “yes sir” and “yes ma’am” and speak with a Southern accent.
51. The song “So What” by Pink makes me laugh.
52. I’m scared of the dentist. Luckily I have a nice dentist who dopes me up on nitrous oxide so I don’t panic during procedures.
53. I’m happy that my kids are, in general, polite.
54. I’m looking forward to having a full 5 free hours a week next fall when Tessa starts preschool.
55. I love getting my hair cut and colored – it’s my favorite indulgence.
56. I sing when I’m on the treadmill and my family makes fun of me because they can hear me.
57. I know it’s wrong, but I get a charge out of beating Henry at Sorry or Trouble.
58. My favorite candy is Cadbury Mini-Eggs and I was unreasonably happy when I discovered that they have them at Christmas too!
59. Sometimes it bugs me when Jay falls asleep literally three minutes after getting into bed (and before 10 pm).
60. I went to The Police concert last summer and stood the whole time and sang to every song.
61. I like driving my minivan and am not embarrassed to be a minivan mom.
62. I saw the Twilight movie on opening night at a midnight show.
63. Although I love living in Hyde Park, I’m a city girl at heart and miss living in a bigger city.
64. I’m not an animal lover and refuse to buy pets for my children because I don’t want to deal with them.
65. I love that my kids go to bed fairly early because it give me some down time at night.
66. I love that Jay is an early riser and gets up with the kids most mornings to give me a little extra sleep (this is why #59 only bugs me sometimes).
67. I have a hard time going to sleep if I don’t get a hot bath every night, even in the summer.
68. I’m proud of my husband for being such a hard worker and conscientious person.
69. I don’t particularly like French fries.
70. I don’t read my scriptures as often as should, but I love to read the Conference Ensign.
71. It still makes me sad that my dad died before I had children.
72. My favorite season is autumn.
73. I have a weekly “chore” schedule that I follow pretty religiously because I feel like being organized keeps me sane most days.
74. I don’t like to buy my kids toys but I love to buy them books.
75. I love the gospel and the strength and guidance it gives me on a daily basis.

So there you are. 75 things about me. I didn't realize I was so boring.

4 comments:

Chris and Kels said...

Love, love, love it!!! You are not boring at all! I absolutely loved it. I love getting to know my friends better!!

mstokes said...

Just like you, I knew alot of those things already. But you got me on a few. That just means that we are real friends!

House of Buster said...

#17) dont' you mean 'Gordon M. Sumner?" sorry I've watched The Bee Movie too much lately. Nice to see the family is doing well :)

Kassey said...

That was so fun too read, now I know a little more about you!!