Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sucker!

The other night Jay and I were discussing Tessa; specifically how she seems to have Jay wrapped around her little finger. Every word, every look, every action is cute to him. I have to wonder how aware of this she is, based on the following true story:

Tessa woke up at 7:15 this morning and Jay went in to get her out of bed. He leaned over her crib and said, "Are you ready to get up?" She jumped up, threw her arms around Jay's neck, and said, "Daddy, my dreams came true!" Music played, flowers bloomed, and Tessa firmed up her role as Daddy's Little Princess. Which is fine - actually it's kind of cute to see their relationship develop as it has.

I wonder if, in 12 years or so, when she wants to do something that we have no intention of letting her do, this will work on Jay? Something tells me I'm going to be playing the role of "bad cop" for a while.

1 comment:

mstokes said...

You do have a little princess! That is a cute little story. I'm sure that Jay has a special spot for his little girl! Thanks for the cookies! Not thanks to my dieting - they are gone!