Sunday, May 25, 2014

Utah!

If you have never been to a 4th Grade Utah! program, you really need to make an effort.  They are really quite something.

I wasn't prepared when Henry was in 4th grade.  I just knew that they had a school program so I went.  I'm embarrassed to say that I laughed quite a bit.  I wasn't prepared for all the songs - I mean, seriously, who makes up all these songs about Utah history?  And the actions to go along with them.  I was expecting maybe a song and each kid saying a part about the state of Utah.  But what I got was something way more.

This year I was prepared.  And I got it on video.

Here is part of the main song.  It's pretty catchy and I found myself singing it quite a bit during the day, which is pretty annoying:


Here is a song about the railroad.  I had to get at least one song that had actions to go with it.  I wish I had gotten the one about the Spanish explorers but here is the railroad:


Finally, here is William's part.  It had a lot of numbers to memorize and he was pretty nervous.  Jay told him to just make up a number if he forgot them.  Who was going to question the number of chickens who entered the Salt Lake Valley with the first pioneers?  He did great, however:


It was a great program and the 4th graders at Summit Elementary did great!  I can't wait until Tessa's Utah program.

No comments: