Monday, February 20, 2012

Rites of Passage

We are moving right along here in Cache Valley.

Tessa has decided that she's craft girl and wants to make things out of whatever she finds, including leftover Christmas candy and sparkly Valentine's hearts:


Jay ends up taking most of them to work for his "office friends" to admire.  I hope Tessa never tries to figure out what happens after that.

Henry recently went through what all 5th graders in Utah look forward to the most - the Maturation Program.  Jay attended with him so we could reassure him that all the "stuff" that boys go through is normal.  He came away with some deoderant and the idea that "girls become more interesting."  I don't know if he agrees with the girl thing but he has started using the deoderant.  Jay actually remembers the program back in the day except instead of a Power Point presentation he saw a filmstrip.  A filmstrip!  Bonus points to all those who remember filmstrips. 

William seems happiest when he has the run of the house.  Unfortunately that is rare - being the middle child is rough.  And since sometimes just being William is rough, I often feel bad for the kid.  I hope that every year doesn't see him taking until Christmas to get used to school again. 

Jay has a new calling - he is serving in Young Men's now.  He is working with the 14-15 year old boys.   He's a little bummed to be losing out on the "teaching every third week" calling that he had before, but he'll be soooo good at this.  He's good with kids and a good teacher.  I think he'll have fun.

I am obsessed with mangos.  I love them!  I love dried mangos and mango sorbet. Jay makes fun of me but I can't help it.  They are awesome.

And so goes February.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh dear. The dreaded Maturation Program. I've been through two of then with my girls. I do have to say that they seem to be better then when we were kids.

Thanks for the kind wishes. I really have felt everyone's prayers. And I have talked to some peope who got this and are doing MUCH better, so I'm feeling more positive--though it may take a little bit of time, and unfortunately, I'm not very patient.

Lois