Monday, October 11, 2010

Lucky Number 13

13 years ago today Jay and I were married. I was going to post some pictures and realized that we don't have any on our computer - 1997 was before the widespread use of digital images, at least for personal use - so I went through our wedding album and scanned a few (which is why they all have a band at the margins of the picture).

We were married at the Salt Lake Temple. It rained all day long so we don't have any pictures outside the temple, but we got some nice shots at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. They let us walk from the temple to the JSMB via an underground tunnel that no longer exists (I believe it's a parking garage now) so we wouldn't get wet.



We had our wedding reception at Caffe Molise, still one of my favorite restaurants in Salt Lake City. We chose Caffe Molise because it has yummy food, a great downtown location, and some sentimental value - we had our first date there in June of 1996. Our wedding cake was carrot cake and it was delicious.



Eventually the rain stopped and the sun came out, allowing us to take a few pictures outside. The other picture we have outside is of a homeless guy serenading us on the sidewalk outside the restaurant. We listened politely and Jay gave him a few bucks to move along so we could take this picture:


It's fun to remember our wedding day, but a marriage is so much more than a wedding. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who loves me and our family. Even though we haven't had the easiest year, I'm grateful that we had each other. We made it through together. I guess that's what marriage is all about.

2 comments:

Kassey said...

you guys are so cute love the wedding pics!

Mom said...

It is hard to believe that 13 years have gone by so quickly!!
I love the pictures and also the
ones that have been added over the
years.

Love,

Mom