Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Big Love


I decided to stop neglecting my children in my quest to become the greatest living expert on pediatric thyroid cancer and actually, you know, pay attention to them. Oh, they're fine. A scheduling fluke has had everyone home from school so far this week and they've been pretty good about playing well together. They've watched a few movies. I've fed them. But I've been preoccupied. So today when Tessa started playing with her Disney Princess themed dolls (they are miniature, kind of like Polly Pockets) I sat down on the floor to help her get them all dressed.

She has three princesses - Cinderella, Snow White, and Ariel. She also has a prince, who came with the Cinderella set. The four of them seem to live together in the Fisher Price castle that she got for her birthday. She doesn't play too much with the Fisher Price people who came with the castle, but her princesses seem to enjoy it there.

So today she wanted me to dress Ariel in her "marry dress". I asked her if Ariel was going to marry the prince and she laughed. "No mama, she's already married to the prince. They all are."

Apparently polygamy is alive and well in the imagination of my three year old daughter.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well, in her mind if they are living in the same "castle" then
they have to be married!!! She has
the right concept, she's just missing two "princes". But, of
course the "princesses" get all of
the publicity and attention.
Have fun.

Love

Mom