Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tap, Tap, Tap

Now that Tessa is potty trained, including during the night, we occasionally have to get up during the night to help her in the bathroom. She doesn't just creep into our bedroom in the dark, whispering that she needs to go potty. She typically turns on the light in her bedroom, comes into our room, walks over to me (always me, even though Jay sleeps on the side of the bed closer to the door) and taps me with her finger. At least once a week I wake up to Tessa lurking in the shadows, tapping me to wake me up. It usually scares me so I jerk awake and stumble out of bed to help Tessa do her bathroom business and get back in bed. Still, at least she's waking up and going during the night if she needs to, which is better than wetting the bed. It works.

And I apparently spoke too soon regarding our health. Henry came home from school yesterday with a fever. No cough, no sore throat, no stomach ache, no stuffy nose - just a fever. And he's still got a fever so he's home from school today. Something tells me he'll be feeling fine right around lunchtime and will drive me crazy all afternoon. Because that's the kind of autumn it's been around here.

No comments: