Monday, November 16, 2009

Lesson Learned

Tessa got a haircut today. She got one last week as well, but it wasn't very good and was very uneven. So I tried to "fix" it and, well, yeah. She got another cut today. It's fine - a bit shorter than I would like it but really, she's 3. With judicious use of hair bows, clippies and headbands, she'll look just fine.

I don't know what I was thinking when I got the scissors out. Last time I tried to "trim" Tessa's hair was two summers ago. A simple bang trim with a wiggly two year old turned into me deciding to just grow her bangs out, since I had to pull them off her face anyway as they were so short they looked silly. Oh well. Let's hope I really learned my lesson this time.

Here she is after we got home. The stylist actually did some messy ponytails with her hair, which looked really cute on her but was a nightmare to get out when it was bathtime. I'm not sure if I'll be duplicating this look or not:












Here is the back of the messy ponytail look. As cute as it was, the tangles caused lots of tears.












On a separate note, my sister LeClaire turned 40 today. Happy Birthday, LeClaire!

No comments: