Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

As today is Thanksgiving, it seems appropriate to officially give thanks for all of the wonderful things that I have in my life. First, of course, is my family - I have a wonderful husband for whom I think thank my Heavenly Father every day for bringing into my life, three children who make me a better person and who I love more than I ever thought possible, and an extended family who loves and cares about us. I am thankful that Jay has a good job that he enjoys and that allows him to provide for our family. I'm thankful for good friends who make me laugh and help me get through the hard days that come around every so often. I'm thankful for good books and chocolate. And I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the joy and purpose that it gives to my life.

I'd be even more thankful if some of you would take some of the leftover Thanksgiving treats off our hands. We had a wonderful dinner today (thanks Laura and Bunny!) but we have way too much pumpkin and caramel apple pie left over. I fear it's going to go to waste and our little family of five can't possibly make it through this much pie (not to mention the double batch of rolls and caramel popcorn that Jay made on Wednesday). So if you want some pie, come on over. We'll set you up!

We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: