Monday, December 22, 2008

Stream of Conscious

Conversations with 2 year olds are always interesting. This is a very close approximation of a fairly one-sided conversation with Tessa the other day at our house:

"Mama, why you yawn? Do you need a nap? You can't sleep in my bed. You are too big for my bed. You share with Daddy. Daddy at work. Daddy home yet? Daddy need to eat dinner. What's for dinner? Chicken is yucky. Vegetables are yucky. Potatoes are yucky. I love caramel popcorn. Can we make some? I want some candy. Can we have some now? But I want some! Is Henry home yet? I want Henry. Where is Puppy? I go see him. Bye, Mama".

All this was said about 6 inches from my face as I was laying on the couch. It's a good thing she's so cute because she sure can be exhausting, especially now that she doesn't nap anymore. Afternoons can seem really long sometimes.

**Note - she often refers to William as "Puppy" because she had a hard time pronouncing his name when she was learning to talk. She calls him William more these days, but still reverts back to Puppy as well.

1 comment:

mstokes said...

Gotta Love it! SOmetimes it seems as if you would be ungreatful if we really said how we feel about our days as mothers. But were all just keeping it real! Loving it but loathing all at the same time. Bedtime is the best time of the day!