Sunday, March 31, 2013

He Is Risen!

I love Easter.  I love the time spent during this season studying the life of Jesus Christ and remembering his sacrifice for us.  I spend my time at church with children ages 3-11 and I love teaching them that Jesus loves them and died for them.

Today we went to church and then went to Ogden for a family Easter dinner.  Nana organized her yearly Easter Egg Hunt and everyone had fun.  The kids had a Silly String Fight and we took our annual Easter picture of the cousins (minus a few who don't live in Utah).


We take this picture every year at Easter (either at this spot or on the back steps of Nana's porch) and so I thought it would be fun to look back and see the picture from just a few years ago:

This ^^^^picture was from 2007.  Tessa wasn't even a year old.  Henry and Olivia were 5.  William was 3 and Colin was 2.  Boston isn't in the picture because he was just a baby - not even 6 months old.  And Kate and Cameron weren't even born yet.

I actually have a super cute picture of Easter the year after Henry was born.  He was maybe 9 months old and Olivia was maybe 4 or 5 months.  We propped them on the couch and took the picture and it's adorable.  I should scan it in - that was before we had a digital camera but I love the hard copy.

My other favorite thing about Easter is spring.  Fall may be my favorite season, but Spring runs a close second.  There's just something about a sunny, 65 degree spring day that makes me happy.

Happy Easter!

No comments: