Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Good Year

2011 has been a good year for us.

Henry was declared cancer-free.  The best news a parent can hear.  Yes, I know it was only thyroid cancer (the "best" kind to have) but even thyroid cancer can cause serious complications so the fact that his treatment was successful is worth celebrating.  Other than that, we have been pretty healthy, random stomach flu attacks not withstanding. 

Jay has a good, stable job that he likes and allows him to use his talents and education.  We love where we live and we love our neighbors and friends and ward family.

I love my calling in Primary, although today I'm stressing a bit because tomorrow 83 little people are getting new teachers and it's all on me.  Hopefully no one will cry.  Sunbeams can cry - we expect some transition issues with them since they are only 3 - but I'm hoping everyone else will be OK.  I also love helping out at the kids school.  This is the only year that they will all three be in the same school so I'm maximizing my time there, although helping with three Christmas parties on the same day (one at noon, one at 1 pm and one at 2 pm) left me twitching a bit.

Speaking of school, the kids are doing well.  They all have their strengths and weaknesses but in general are happy and smart and enjoy learning.  They are also enjoying the extra activities that they participate in, from Scouts to basketball to piano to dance. 

My only hope is for another good year in 2012. 

Happy New Year!

No comments: