Monday, November 14, 2011

Question/Answered!

Yesterday in Primary William's class had two substitutes.  They are two wonderful ladies in our ward and I'm grateful to them for filling in for their regular teachers.  One of the ladies is married to a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Whenever we see the Choir sing, we play a game of "Spot Brother Jensen" just for fun.  I'm not sure we've ever even pointed the Jensen's out to the kids - they just know that Brother Jensen is in our ward and sings in the Choir.

Anyway, yesterday William apparently asked Sister Jensen if she was married "to the guy in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir".  She answered in the affirmative and I guess they went on with their lesson.  William didn't even mention this conversation to us - he talked more about the yeast object lesson that they did in their class.

Last night after dinner our doorbell rang.  It was Brother Jensen!  He introduced himself to William (his name is William as well, but he goes by Bill) and said that he heard that William mentioned him in class today so he thought he'd bring William one of the Choir's new CD's.  William was so thrilled.  He carried the CD around all evening and listened to it before he went to bed.  He asked me if he could write Brother Jensen a thank you note for thinking to bring him the CD.  Then he said, "well, now I'm really glad I asked Sister Jensen that question!"

I'm so grateful for good, thoughtful neighbors who we are blessed to know.  I'm grateful for people who go the extra mile to make little boys smile and feel important.  It's a cliche to say that it takes a village to raise a child, but we are sure grateful for our little village of Hyde Park, Utah.

3 comments:

Lori said...

How NEAT of him to come over :)

mstokes said...

Agreeed. I am happy that you guys are my village! We have a great little place. I bet William was Dancing on th Ceiling.

Michelle said...

How cute!!! :) I miss the ward..... What good people there are in Hyde Park!