Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Gangsta Thanksgiving

This is what I get when I try to take a picture of the boys at Thanksgiving dinner:


No, we haven't installed a banquette in our home; we went out to dinner this year.  All of the rest of the Wrights of Utah had bigger and better plans and so, left to our own devices, we bailed on the prep and cooking and used a gift card to Elements.  I wasn't so sure about the whole thing but it was lovely.  We showed up, ate our food, and left.  There were even a few leftovers to take home.  The food was yummy and the kids were well-behaved.  I'm not sure I'd want to go out to dinner every year, but it was nice.

This is how polite people look when out in public:


We did get some bad news on Thanksgiving, however.  Jay's grandmother died, just shy of her 97th birthday.  She lived a wonderful life and we will miss her.  We love you, Nana!

No comments: