Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Nickname List

Tessa can be a funny little girl.  She has recently begun compiling her Approved Nickname List, which are all the nicknames that Jay and I (mostly Jay, it seems) are allowed to call her.  On the list are the usual suspects, like Princess, Tessie and Lou Lou (which is my preferred nickname).  Surprisingly, Rose seems to be one of her favorites.  She really wants Jay to call her Rose, apparently.  Or Sweet Pea.  The poor man can't keep them all straight.

He had plenty of time to practice this weekend as I took a little road trip with some friends.  We had so much fun.  We shopped, we ate, we laughed.  We made stops at stores from Target (laugh if you will, but since we don't have a Target in Cache Valley it's a rare treat) to Janie and Jack and many, many of the outlet stores in Park City.  The only hitch in the weekend came when an unhappy sequence of events that included a ride to Park City in the backseat of a minivan combined with what much have been a little more heat than I could handle resulted in me becoming car sick.  Apparently I'm 5 years old. 

I wasn't actually sick in the car, thank goodness.  I wouldn't go around inspecting the bushes in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn in Park City, however, if you know what I mean.  The real tragedy is that I was unable to finish my Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory.  And I may never eat cheesecake again.  Sigh.

A good nights sleep had me feeling right as rain and I managed to do my share to stimulate the economy.  Thanks for a great weekend, Melissa, Kristina and Kim.  And thanks to Jay for taking the kids so that I could go have a bit of fun.  It almost makes up for him missing Tessa's broken arm/surgery fiasco while he was in China.

Almost.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I think you need a few more weekends away to make up for that! :)