Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Loneliest Number

My baby started kindergarten today.  Sniff.  Sigh.  I'm not normally a very sentimental person but I surprised myself as I was walking home after putting her on the bus.  I started crying.  I didn't sob or anything.  But a few tears leaked out as I walked home and began what will be my daily 3 1/2 hours of.......whatever I want. 

I wish I could post a cute picture of her but I had a major parenting fail and neglected to recharge the batteries on my camera.  We got out to the bus stop and my camera chirped and died.  Luckily my neighbor took a few pictures of Tessa getting on the bus so I'll try and post them when I get her my email address.

Today I feel lonely.  I'm used to Tessa just always being around, even when the boys aren't.  Luckily the loneliness won't last - I'm hoping to volunteer in the kids classrooms a couple of times a week and I have plenty of church and home projects to keep me busy.  I can go to the dentist and get my hair cut without worrying about making it back for the preschool pickup.  Christmas shopping will be a breeze.  I've got lots of time to do lots of things.  But today my free time has been spent checking the clock to see when Tessa will be home from her first day of kindergarten.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Awww, it was a weird day for me yesterday too. Even though I still had Tanner around, I was "lonely" for my Sophie :)