Saturday, July 16, 2011

Life, Normalized

I like to think we are back to normal here in the Wright household. We haven't had any medical issues in over a week, which isn't something that I could have said since early June. Jay has been in town. Summer is progressing. Life is good.

The boys both finished baseball. I missed William's last game due to the stomach flu, but he has had an awesome first year of coach-pitch. He got alot of hits and is getting better defensively. Henry's team finished 9-3. He had some nice hits and nice defensive plays as well. It was his first year of kid-pitch so it was a bit of an adjustment but he had a great time, which is the most important thing to me. Unfortunately they lost their first tournament game but he seemed happy with his season. Baseball is definitely the boys first choice of sports to play and we're happy to attend their games.

Today was the Hyde Park Pioneer Day Celebration. Our Primary kids rode on a float and had a good time throwing candy to the crowd. I was a little nervous, being a first-time Primary President in charge of the whole activity but the kids in our ward are awesome and no one fell off the trailer or anything. Jay was thrilled to be able to walk the parade with us and help monitor the float from behind for any shenanigans. I heard a rumor that he spent most of the time picking up candy from the street and eating it, but I have no independent confirmation of this report.

Henry and I went to see the last Harry Potter movie today as well. It was really good and we both enjoyed it. Poor William - he really wanted to go but I felt like I needed to see it before taking him, seeing as he's only 7 and quite a sensitive boy at that. It was a good choice. It was pretty intense and I think a few parts might have scared/bothered him. He's reading the books right now (on book 6, can you believe it?) and I think I'll let him watch it on DVD when it comes out.

Next week the boys start a two-week sports camp at a local high school. I need to sign them up for swim lessons as well. Now that Tessa is cleared for water activities, I'm going to try and get them in a session before we head out on our SoCal vacation. Which is after Henry's birthday and his Amazing Race-themed birthday party. Which I haven't even started planning yet. Which will occur while Jay is in Australia for work. What? You don't think Jay has had enough international travel this summer? Apparently neither does he. After this trip he will have missed a whopping 26 days of summer vacation.

Not that anyone is counting.

No comments: