Friday, July 22, 2011

40 What?

Jay turned 45 today. He doesn't like it - it feels just a smidge too close to 50. But he's generally a good sport about his birthday so it's all good.

He had to work today (summer at his job is crazy with a capital C) so we did a quick celebration when he got home from work.


As you can see, he is excited for his noise-cancelling headphones. Hopefully they'll allow him a little sleep on his 15 hour flights between LA and Sydney.

Today William saw an older type truck in the parking lot of a store and said it was a classic, from the 80's. Then he thought Jay and I were born in the 90's. When I corrected him to the correct decade, he thought I said 16th Century instead of the 60's. I guess to him there isn't much difference. They both seem really long ago.

Happy Birthday, Jay! We love you!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Jay,

Happy Birthday!!! I forgot to send
a card and did not even call you on
your birthday!!! Sorry, I have got to work on my "mother-in-law"
skills, I am obviously definitely
failing when it comes to your birthday!!!

Love,

Jennifer