Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Today I did something momentous. I finished Tessa's baby book.

Yes, she's 5 years old. Yes, the scrapbook supplies and pictures have been organized and sitting in my bedroom for literally years. Yes, I should win an award for procrastination for putting off this project for this long.

The problem is that I hate scrapbooking. Scrapbooking was all the rage back in 2001 when I had Henry. I tried, oh I tried, to like it. I bought all the cute paper and embellishments and supplies. I even went to a weekly scrapbooking night that some women in our ward in Ogden organized. But it just wasn't me. I would finish three pages in the time it took them to pick out coordinating papers for one of theirs and I didn't even enjoy the execution all that much. The problem was that once Henry got a nicely scrapbooked baby book, I felt compelled to do the same for my other children. I dutifully put William's together, finishing just before Tessa was born - she was my deadline. Since no other babies came along after Tessa, however, my self-imposed deadline of finishing the previous child's baby book before the next child was born dissipated. So all that stuff just sat there. And sat there. And sat there.

Today, however, I was perusing my To-Do list and realized how sad it was that for years the first thing on my list has been "T BABY BOOK". Since I had gotten roped into watching Tessa's dance recital for the 2000th time in the past few weeks, I figured I should do something constructive. So I pulled out my scrapbooking supplies and went to work.

Now it's done. And I have a headache and a burning desire to set fire to any and all remaining cardstock and glue sticks in my house.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm jealous you're done..... Brycen's baby book still sits in boxes too!

mstokes said...

Check that one off of the guily mom list!