Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Things We Do

I was thinking today about the things we do to make our kids feel better. Or entertain them. Or make them do something that they absolutely, positively do not want to do. My list from just the past few days includes:

*Telling Tessa that the doctor told her to eat ice cream three times a day to help her bones heal. Since I've been hiding ibuprofen in her ice cream, this gets her some pain medication without the tears.

*Telling Tessa that chocolate pudding has lots of vitamins to help her heal and be healthy so she could have some for breakfast. See above re: the hiding of ibuprofen in food.

*Playing Justin Bieber videos from You Tube as Tessa lounged on my bed and bossed me around. Hey, she wanted to hear music!

*Watching Daddy Day Care on Netflix.

*Playing Sequence - State and Capitals - with a 5 year old who can't read.

*Going to multiple stores looking for the DVD versions of The Little Mermaid and/or Sleeping Beauty. FYI - Don't Bother. They are apparently IN THE VAULT. Hmph. Tell that to Tessa.

*Buying a Barbie music karoaoke DVD and singing along.

*Promising a trip to Build a Bear in Salt Lake City so that Tessa can pick out a new friend. Of course she remembers this promise, made about midnight after her surgery. I barely remember making the promise - how does she remember it?

It's been a long week.

1 comment:

Mel Wright said...

I look your blogs new look. I have DVD's of Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty if you're interested. Glad to hear Tessa is doing better.