Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving in February?

We have a Blizzard Warning for late today into tomorrow. Yes, a Blizzard Warning. Not just a Winter Storm Warning, but a Blizzard Warning. I didn't know that they even used the term blizzard anymore, but apparently you get a blizzard when there is a combination of artic cold (think below zero at night), wind (30 mph winds with gusts of higher) and lots of snow (we are forecasted to get 8-12 inches over the next 24 hours). The schools are getting out early today so that the kids will be home by the time the worst of the storm starts. I'm trying to remember if that has happened in all the time I've had kids in school and I honestly don't think that it has. I guess we'll hunker down until Thanksgiving Day, which is forecast to be sunny with a high of a whopping 15 degrees in Cache Valley.

Where's my Indian Summer?

1 comment:

Kassey said...

in all my life, living in the valley, i can remember 2 times school got cancelled becasue of snow!! 2 times, that is not very many!!