Monday, September 6, 2010

Unofficially Fall

Labor Day always seems like the start of fall to me, even though it is still officially summer for a few more weeks. There is a distinct chill in the evenings and it's quite lovely out during the day. School has started and we back into the swing of routine. Things are good.

Tessa starts preschool this week. She will go Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. Add dance class on Tuesday mornings and she's a busy little girl. It's good practice for kindergarten next year and she's happier when she's busy so I think things will work out well.

The boys are settling into school nicely. Henry is finishing up Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and looks to easily make his goal of completing the Harry Potter series by mid-November. William lost another tooth and seems to be doing well in school. I have to say I'm surprised, but I often don't give my kids enough credit and they constantly surprise me. He likes buying school lunch and having multiple recesses during the day. Homework is going well for him; this weekend his homework was to catch a bug, so he and a friend spent some time trolling the cul-de-sac for bugs. We let the bug go later - the purpose of the assignment was to have the experience for a writing workshop his teacher is having this week.

So things are going well. Happy Fall, everyone!

No comments: