Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finis

Henry finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this morning. He was so excited to see how it ended that he came up to read at 7:30 last night so that he could read for an hour instead of the required 30 minutes. When he went to bed he still had 50 or so pages to go so he got up this morning and, instead of watching Sportscenter, hunkered down to read. Jay said he kept hearing him laugh and react to the climatic battle in the book and when I got up this morning he was excited to have finished and talk about what he had read. I love when books get my kids excited!

Now that he's finished the Harry Potter series, he's earned a ticket to see the new Harry Potter movie when it comes out in November. I'm excited to go as well; I've seen all the Harry Potter movies on DVD but never in the theater. I'm looking forward to taking him to see a movie based on a book that he enjoyed reading so much. And he's hopefully learning how enjoyable reading can be. One of my goals is to help instill a love of reading in my kids and so far, so good. When Henry tells me that he likes the Harry Potter movies but likes the books better, it makes me happy.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That is awesome, Rhonda! I LOVE seeing my kids interested in books.