Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This and That

I wish I had something great and wonderful and fun to report, but alas, no.

Last weekend the boys (Jay, Henry and William) went camping with our ward. I don't camp so Tessa and I stayed home. I mentioned that maybe next year she could go camping too and she said, "I'd rather stay home with you." Sweet, but I was kind of looking forward to a few EveryoneButMomGoesCamping kind of trips.

William was sick (stomach bug) on Sunday. Henry ended up with it last night and today. Poor kid was up and down every hour or so for most of the night. He is better today - slight fever, but better. Unfortunately a tired Henry is a grumpy and mean Henry. He finally fell asleep on the couch a while ago. Thank goodness. Hopefully he'll wake up in a better mood. Now I'm just half-waiting for Tessa to start throwing up.

We had planned a fun picnic/park day today which had to be postponed. Tessa tried to talk me into getting a babysitter for Henry so she and William could still have a picnic. Way to throw your brother under the bus, Tessa!

School starts a week from tomorrow. Can I hear a Hallelujah? They are ready. I am ready. It'll be a good thing. We've bought new backpacks and a lunch box for William. I worry that he'll have a meltdown at school if he can't get his little straw into the Capri-Sun or juice box. These are the kinds of things we worry about with William.

Tessa is starting dance classes in two weeks. Her dance outfit is darling. I can't wait for her to start. She's also doing preschool three mornings a week. Next year she'll be in kindergarten. How did that happen?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh Rhonda, I know! How DID it happen? It seems I blinked and Sophie went from crying, colicky infant, to beautiful grown-up, miss INDEPENDENT who is growing up far too fast for her poor mama's heart...