Sunday, June 20, 2010

Celebrating Dad

Celebrating dad is easy in our house because my kids have an amazing father. He loves them and cares for them and provides for them and spends as much time as he can with them. I couldn't ask for a better father for my children.

Unfortunately Jay was out of town this weekend so Father's Day didn't start out with much more than me rushing around, trying to get everyone ready for church. The Primary children sang some cute Father's Day songs in Sacrament Meeting, although Henry tried to weasel his way out of singing, saying, "but we don't have a Dad here to sing to." Nice try, Smarty-Pants.

Luckily Jay was able to fly home this morning and arrived shortly after we got back from church. The kids were eager for him to check out their cards and his gifts.

We picked out yummy cupcakes for him at Temptations, a fun new cupcake bakery in Logan. The kids all got to pick one for themselves and we got Jay his favorite, Red Velvet. Yummy!


Jay has been wanting a deep fryer for ages so we went all out for this one. The pictures on the box show all kinds of deep-fried foods that got the kids all excited. I'm personally hoping for some beignets, drowned in powdered sugar.

Right now Jay is indulging in a Sunday afternoon nap, trying to catch up on a bit of sleep from his weekend in LA. It's a good thing, because I have it on good authority that a certain little girl has a full afternoon of princess/castle/Polly Pockets playing all planned out. Happy Father's Day, indeed!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I think we definitely need to visit
"Temptations" when I come for my
visit!!!

Love

Mom