Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good News, Bad News

The good news is that it is finally above 20 degrees around here. The last five days or so have been brutally cold. We've been sub-zero in the morning (think -10 degrees) and have only warmed up into the lower teens during the day; mid-teens if we are lucky. According to the computer we are now at 29 degrees. Hey, we'll take it.

The bad news is that it's snowing. Again. It's been snowing steadily since about noon (luckily Henry and I went out this morning to run errands and do a bit of Christmas shopping) and there are no signs of it stopping. We actually have a Winter Storm Warning starting at midnight tonight and going until midnight tomorrow night, with anywhere from 4-10 inches of snow expected. I think we have at least 4 already, so I have little hope that we'll get away with less than 10 by tomorrow night.

Jay took the kids to see The Princess and the Frog today. It's gotten really good reviews and since we have a daughter in prime-princess-loving mode, it was a no brainer. Jay took the boys along with promises of popcorn and soda and treats and everyone had a good time. I wanted to go, but figured my time would be better used wrapping Christmas presents. So from 2:30-4:30 I sat in the family room wrapping gifts. More good news - I'm pretty much done. Well, I am done with what I have. I have a couple of gifts to buy (William and Tessa need to get something for Henry and the kids need to get something for Jay) but they will be easy to wrap. Thank goodness Santa doesn't wrap gifts at our house or I would have had to send Jay out for another movie at some point.

We are enjoying the Christmas season. Snow this time of year is kind of pretty and fun since we aren't too tired of it yet. The forecast promises highs in the mid-30's next week, which will feel positively balmy after our recent frigid weather. Thank goodness we are stocked up on hot chocolate.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I bet your house and the surrounding area look like a
Winter Wonderland." One of
these days I am going to be
there for Christmas.

Love,

Mom