Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Vacation

The kids are now out of school for Christmas vacation. Yay! I love having them home this time of year. It's such a fun time to hang out together and do fun activities. We haven't made cookies for Santa yet so that's definitely on our to-do list, probably for Thursday. After Christmas I promised them a movie (they've seen The Princess and the Frog so they want to see the upcoming Alvin and the Chipmunks; I wonder if anyone would notice if I took my iPod to listen to during the show) and I imagine we'll go shopping as well (since Granny is sending them cash to spend). William got a free kids meal at a local restaurant so maybe we'll have a fun lunch or dinner out. And it's just nice for them to have some time off - no homework, no rushing out the door for Henry in the morning.

In order to get to Christmas vacation, we had to get through the class Christmas parties. Tessa's preschool party was last week and she had fun. Unfortunately I had to choose between Henry and William for the Christmas party, since they were at the same time. I decided to do William's party and will do Henry's Valentine's party as a compromise. We had ten helpers there today and needed every one of them! It took two to read the stories and supervise a group, two to help decorate the treat, two to play "Don't Eat Santa" and three for the craft. That left me to float around and put out fires - cutting out extra snowman hats, helping put the treats in ziploc bags, giving hugs to a little boy who wanted his mom. All in a day's work for a kindergarten room mom.

Now I just need a hot bath and some ibuprofen to recover and rev up for the holiday festivities in the Wright household.

We hope everyone is having a wonderful and blessed holiday season. Merry Christmas!

No comments: