Sunday, September 20, 2009

Somebody Stop Me

The boys have been anxiously awaiting their copy of the Lego Star Wars computer game. It was $19.99 on Amazon, so I told them if they agreed to forgo their October allowance (they'll still pay tithing and get their savings, just not their $5 spending money) I would pay for the rest of the game. They mulled it over and decided a fun computer game would be worth missing a month of buying baseball cards, so we ordered it. And it arrived on Friday.

It's a fun game. I like it because both kids can play at the same time. Henry is a little impatient with William ("William, quit shooting me!") but they do OK playing it together.

Unfortunately I am becoming a little too interested in it. I spent 40 minutes tonight playing with Henry and trying to unlock another level. Part of me wants to keep playing once he's in bed, but I will resist. It reminds me of a Tonka truck game that William got for his 4th birthday. He could do the game fine, but all the free play areas had to be unlocked by completing the other areas and some of them were a little too hard for him. I distinctly remember spending hours on that stupid game, trying to unlock the free play areas for William to play. He would ask me every morning if I'd done it and look at me with keen disappointment when if I said no. It took more time than I care to admit, but I finally did it. Then he lost interest in the game and in construction trucks in general. Of course he did.

Anyway, I need to find something else to occupy my time. I already finished reading Dan Brown's newest book, The Lost Symbol (a good read, by the way). I guess I could work on Tessa's baby book. {cough, cough}. Anything to keep me away from Lego Star Wars.

2 comments:

The Royal Family said...

Oh Rhonda!!!! What next?

Mom said...

Okay, so who really came up
with the deal for the game,
you or the boys???

Love,

Mom