Thursday, May 14, 2009

Overheard...A Conversation with Grandma

First you should know that Grandma (my mom) lives in Alabama. So any conversations with Grandma, unless she calls, are purely imaginary.

Anyway, I was headed upstairs to get dressed this morning and heard Tessa say, "OK, Grandma". I stopped to peek downstairs and see what she was up to. She was holding a basket of food from her play kitchen and wearing her jammies and her Snow White shoes. What follows is a close approximation of the (one-sided) conversation:

"OK, Grandma. You can watch my baby. I am going on a picnic (hence the basket of food, I guess). I will be back later to play. But be sure not to throw up in your bed. Because that means you are sick and you won't get any French toast. OK, Grandma, I love you, Bye Bye."

Apparently Tessa is still upset over a-throwing up in her bed on Saturday night (and frankly, I don't blame her) and b-being denied French toast on Sunday morning because of the whole throwing up thing. On a happier note, she was getting a babysitter instead of leaving her baby unsupervised while she planned a picnic with a basket full of plastic food. Never let it be said that I don't teach my kids responsibility.

1 comment:

Lori said...

oh Rhonda, that is sooooo funny! She sounds like Sophie, remembering everything and not being able to let things "go"