Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Olive Cart

Today in the car we were talking about back to school.  I was telling Henry that he should plan to eat lunch at school this year, at least for the first little bit.  For the past two years he has barely eaten lunch at school.  The lines are long, he doesn't like the food, he'd rather play basketball or whatever during lunch, and he got home so early (before 2:30 most days) that he could just eat a quick snack during the day to hold him over.  Whatever.  I wasn't going to force him to buy a lunch that he wouldn't eat so I dutifully sent peanut butter crackers in his backpack and figured he was old enough to not starve himself.

Anyway, he told me that he was, indeed, planning to eat at school because they had an olive cart.

Huh?

He meant, of course, that they have ala carte dining at his new school, where they can pick and choose from different offerings.  He is thinking that the lines will be shorter and he will have more choices.  But "olive cart"?  Seriously?  When I stopped laughing I asked him why he thought an olive cart would be good, since he doesn't like olives anyway.  He had heard me talk about ala carte options and just misunderstood the term, obviously.

William, aka Mr. Vocabulary, was quick to point out the correct term.

Jay, on the other hand, would love a lunch offering from the olive cart.  He'd be thrilled.

Henry, not so much.  I'm hoping to just get something more than peanut butter crackers in him during the day.  If he gets it from an olive cart, who am I to complain?

1 comment:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!