Thursday, April 24, 2014

Not-See

Yesterday at dinner William said, "I played a new game at recess."  I was happy.  He has been playing a basketball game called War that tends to get rough and cause some issues with a certain child who will remain nameless but who seems to cause trouble with William and his friends.  I've been trying to get William to avoid this kid so I was thrilled to see him branching out and playing something different.  "Great.  What game were you playing?", I asked.

"Nazi."

I froze.  Literally.  I was standing at the sink and turned around slowly.  "What did you say you were playing?", I asked, hoping I had misunderstood.  "Nazi", William replied happily, "it's a fun game."

No.  No.  No way was my child playing a game called Nazi.  So I asked him to explain the game.

"Well, we all lined up behind a kid and then we run away.  The goal is to not let the kid in front see you.  You know, Not See."

Ooooohhhh.  Not See.  I get it.

Thank heavens.

1 comment:

Kassey said...

I am going to have to ask Kyron about this game. James and I got a good laugh reading this. Our boys are funny!