Saturday, December 28, 2013

Here Comes the Boom!

As my kids get older, they really enjoy having their own spending money.  They each get an allowance and often request money for birthdays so that they can save for something that they want.  This Christmas they each ended up with a little money from grandparents and saved up allowances and birthday money.  William and Henry bought games to go with their new Playstation.

Tessa bought this:


It's a Furby Boom.  I don't even know what to say about it.  It talks to you in a mix of gibberish and English - the more you talk to it, the more English it speaks.  She named it Duh Bo (I think - it means Crystal Something or other in "Furby" but it sounds like Dumbo when it refers to itself.)  There is an app on the iPad that you can use with it - it bathes and feeds and lays eggs and all kinds of crazy stuff.  It seems like a cross between Elmo and a Gremlin.  It kind of freaks me out.

There is also a movie called Hear Comes the Boom that Jay has been wanting to watch for a while.  He coincidentally decided to watch it with the kids after we got home from the Wright Family Post-Christmas Extravaganza and they seem quite enamored with it.  I am hearing lots of laughter from the family room.  I, however, had had enough of the Booming for a while so I think I will abstain.

I wonder how long the Furby Boom will last until it accidentally loses it's batteries.  I don't think Tessa would fall for that trick.

1 comment:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!