Saturday, November 2, 2013

Rockin the Halls

Tessa and William both Rocked the Halls at their elementary school yesterday.  At Summit, earning a certain number of AR points for reading earns you a reading medal and a run around the school while the other students cheer you on.

William earned enough points just before UEA break.  Tessa needed 10 more points but was nearing the end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets so I encouraged her to finish and take the test before the deadline so she could Rock the Halls as well.  It was selfish, really.  If they could both Rock the Halls on November 1st, I would not be required to go back the next month for the event.  It's fun but very fast - they run by in a few seconds and are gone.

I did, however, get a picture of them with their medals:


Tessa is hard at work reading the next Harry Potter book and William goes through books so quickly that I don't even know what he is reading right now.  I am so glad that they love to read!  I don't care about the AR points but they do so I encourage them to set a goal to achieve the highest AR award every year, which is a special lunch with their teacher at the end of the year.  It gives them something to work for while reading books that they love.  Win, win.

1 comment:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!