Monday, June 10, 2013

9-1-1

Want to know a good way to scare your neighbors half to death on a Sunday night?  Call 911 and summon an ambulance to transport your husband to the hospital because he dislocated his shoulder (which happens on occasion) and can't get it popped back in (which has never happened before) and is in so much pain from said shoulder dislocation that he can't even sit up, much less walk to the car.

So, yeah.  Good times.  I felt so bad for our friends and neighbors.  I know if I had seen an ambulance (and whatever other vehicles responded to my call for help - there were eight people crowded into my bedroom trying to figure out how to get Jay down to the ambulance) in my neighbors driveway with flashing lights and people rushing in an out of the house carrying all kinds of medical equipment, I would have been worried, too.  Good thing it was something medically minor and somewhat easily fixed.  The doctor was able to pop his shoulder back in after they sedated him and we were home a little after midnight.  Not sure what will eventually happen - could be physical therapy or could be surgery - but we have a plan and a diagnosis - Chronic Shoulder Instability.

The miracle - the kids didn't even wake up!  I was shocked, with all the noise and people going back and forth and in and out of the house.  I guess those cool-mist humidifiers that we use nightly are good for more than just humidity.

No comments: