Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Sorry Song

Sunday afternoons can be hard.  I wish I could report that our little family sat around and just loved each other all the time, but of course that's not what happens.  Most of the time we are OK but then we have days like today where it just seems like everyone picks at each other.  

After church Henry was finishing a school project and Tessa was trying to get him to move his stuff off the counter.  He got in her face and she scratched him, resulting in a trip to her room for some downtime until she was ready to apologize.  After a while she came and said she was sorry.  But then she took her apology a step further - she wrote him a song, complete with a poster of the lyrics:


The song goes:

I'm sorry! For what you say?  Oh Yeah!  I'm sorry for scratching you in the face.  I heard that you got a bump or two! (insert frowny face)  I just want to say I'm really sorry!  From Tessa To Henry.

You can say what you want about Tessa (and we had plenty to say, believe me) and her scratching antics, but she sure can apologize in style!

No comments: