Saturday, November 24, 2012

Scared Straight

So apparently the fabulous Disney On Ice date from last week had a snag - Tessa got lost at Energy Solutions Arena.  Jay took her to the bathroom and somehow she found her way out of the bathroom and back to their seats without him.  She wandered back to the bathroom (seriously, I don't know how she did that - it's a big place and how she found her way around without ending up somewhere completely far away is beyond me) and found him.

Anyway, I didn't know about the little hiccup in  their date together until last night - almost a week later - when Tessa randomly said that she was scared she was going to get lost again like she did at Disney On Ice.  She had tears in her eyes and everything.  When I asked Jay about it, he laughed but then felt bad because it had obviously had an impact on her.  We both talked to her about how we could all be more careful and how she wasn't going to get lost again.  But today, when she and I were out running errands, she brought it up again.  I can't tell if she's just being a drama queen or if it is really bothering her that much.  Maybe a little of both.

Something tells me that she won't be going on another Daddy-Daughter date anytime soon.

No comments: