Friday, August 24, 2012

Away They Go

School started yesterday.  I am lame and forgot to take a picture of William and Tessa before they left for the bus stop.  Jay took a picture of Henry on his phone but I don't have it yet.  Sigh.

Anyway, so far so good.  Henry leaves the house at 7:00 am and walks to school, which starts at 7:30.  He is in middle school and has a locker and seven different classes.  So far he seems happy with the way things are going. 

William and Tessa leave for the bus stop at 8:15ish, maybe a bit later.  I am going to have to start waking Tessa up earlier than 7:30.  She is soooo slow about getting dressed and eating breakfast and she gets mad at me if I push her along.  I think we'll try 7:15 next week and see how she does.  She has always just gone at her own pace but the luxury of hanging out in her jammies until 11:00 is now gone.  She seems happy in 1st grade so far.  William is an old pro at elementary school now - let's hope things stay nice and steady for him.

As for me?  Ha.  I've been busy the first few days of school, just getting caught up on things.  But next week I intend to take full advantage of my nice, long 6+ hours to do - well - whatever I want.  It's been a long time coming - for 11 years I have had at least one child home with me for at least half the day.  Which is great and fine and all that, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by the idea of so much time for myself.   It will either be great or I'll be standing at the door everyday, waiting for the kids to come home.

Or maybe a mixture of both. 

No comments: