Wednesday, January 12, 2011

War Eagle!


I'm a college football fan. When Jay and I were dating he invited me to a college football game (1996 - Utes vs Utah State - the Utes got beat). My response was something like, "oh, I love football!" Later he told me that he thought, "yeah, right - all girls say that." But then we went to the game and I was able to talk intelligently about football and he was duly impressed. I tease him about that being the night he fell in love with me. Anyway, we watch college football alot in our house, our favorites being the University of Utah and Auburn.

In Alabama (the state, not the university) college football is a different animal than it is here. I grew up an Auburn fan. I'm not sure why - you just are an Auburn or an Alabama fan and my family went with Auburn. I actually lived in Auburn for a year when my dad was working on his doctoral degree. It was my first grade year and I remember going for walks around campus and seeing the mascot - War Eagle - in his giant cage. It's a nice place, Auburn.

Today Auburn fans everywhere are celebrating Auburn's first national championship since 1957! I even managed to watch the entire second half, although it was a nail biter at the end. I know lots of people around here were rooting for Oregon for whatever reason, but I don't care.


War Eagle forever!

No comments: