Monday, December 20, 2010

Comfort and Joy

There is so much going on this time of year that it can seem overwhelming. Shopping to do, gifts to wrap, treats to prepare, deliveries to make. I'm guilty of starting the season with the best intentions to simplify and enjoy Christmas and then letting things get out of control. We do pretty well with budgeting and not overspending for Christmas but it's hard. I want my family and friends to have a good Christmas if it kills me!

Yesterday, however, I was reminded of the true spirit of the season. We did a little reader's theater production in Primary - the kids had parts to read and then we sang some songs. During the presentation I really felt the Spirit of Christmas and was so thrilled to be able to share that message with the kids in our ward. I took a deep breath and remembered the reason we celebrate Christmas. I felt peaceful. I want that feeling to last through this week and throughout the coming year.

Today I was back to busy, busy, busy. But I still remember the way I felt yesterday and I hope I can take a few minutes to replicate that peaceful feeling every day this week. I have hopes that if I'm feeling the true spirit of Christmas that my family will feel the same. I'm not sure if it will work, since this is prime Christmas-crazy time. But we'll do our best.

No comments: