Friday, July 2, 2010

The Boys of Summer

Baseball is over for our boys. They both had good years. William did well in t-ball and is looking forward to moving up to coach pitch next year. At least I think he is. Yesterday he said, "Mom, this is the last t-ball game of my career." He's an emotional kid, that William.

Henry, on the other hand, is excited to graduate to The Minors next year. That means that the kids pitch to each other. I'm not sure I'm that excited about it; I've heard that it can be kind of boring because the kids are still learning how to pitch and they have a lot of walks. Oh well. He likes it and that's good enough for me.

I was going through my camera and realized how negligent I've been in taking pictures of the boys playing baseball this year. Seriously, I don't have any. I have a few videos of William hitting the ball and hanging out at 2nd base, but that's it. It's not that I don't care; it's just that I completely forgot to take the camera to the vast majority of the games. You'll have to take it from me; they were awesome. I think I got all pictured and videoed out during swim lessons - I wanted to show Jay how the kids were doing so I have about 50 videos and umpteen pictures of the kids during swim lessons.

Baseball continues to be on the docket for the men of our family next week as Jay, Henry, and William embark on a road trip to the Bay Area. They plan to spend a day in San Francisco and then attend the Yankees game against the Oakland A's that night. It'll be a quick trip but they'll have a blast. Tessa and I are planning to hang out here and do girl stuff like get haircuts and go out to lunch. The bonus is that we get to pick up Grandma at the airport on Tuesday; she's coming for a nice, long visit. We can't wait!

No comments: