Monday, March 22, 2010

Mind Reader

Jay has Tessa convinced that he can read her mind. Most mornings he is up before the kids and gets them breakfast. He started pretending to read Tessa's mind and now she thinks he really can. They apparently spend time every morning with Jay concentrating very hard on what Tessa might want for breakfast (Apple Jacks! Granola Bar! Oatmeal!); once he gets to what she wants she says, "yes!" and sings his praises far and wide.

She has also taken to calling him "My Sweet Daddy" and yesterday informed him that when she grows up she might have to marry him. In my borrowed "marry dress". He loves it, of course. He praises her and calls her Sweet Princess Pie. I don't have the heart to break it to her that her favorite Mind Reader, Sweet Daddy, and Future Husband is playing her like a violin.

It wouldn't bother me except that it seems that Jay has taken all the fun roles. My main role seems to be helping her on Wii games (and listening to her berate me when I don't complete the games fast enough or to her satisfaction) and wiping her bum after she goes to the bathroom. Why do I feel like I got the raw end of this deal?

2 comments:

Mom said...

"Daddy's little girl" and she always will be, even when she's
grown up. And yes, you were your
"daddy's little girl" and the hardiest thing he ever did, was put
you on a plane to Salt Lake to go to BYU.

Love Mom

Kassey said...

oh the love we get as a mother!! especially from our darling daughters!! one day they will come home and love us like thier best friend!!!