Thursday, March 11, 2010

Captain Funnypants

I've been reading over my blog posts over the last few months. It's been quite a ride, hasn't it? But I realized that, while I've been preoccupied (rightly so) with Henry's condition, I haven't made much mention of our other two children. Remember them? So this entry is dedicated to William.

William is quite the funny little boy. He loves to make people laugh; unfortunately he's still figuring out when jokes and funny stuff are appropriate. He seems to do OK at school but at home it seems that anything goes. If Henry laughs, he keeps going and going and going. It gets annoying. But it's fun to see him develop his sense of humor.

He's also quite the reader. He brings home a new book every night to read and he's doing really well. The books in his current set have two different stories to them and they are pretty long but he seems to breeze right through them. It takes us between 10 and 15 minutes to get through the book but he seems to enjoy reading, which makes me happy.

He's looking forward to playing sports this spring. We've signed him up for soccer and baseball again. Soccer starts in a few weeks. He'll be in the 6 and under league again and they don't play soccer in the strictest sense. They don't have a goalie and all tend to run around after the ball in a pack but it's good exercise and a good introduction to playing on a team. It'll be interesting to see how he does this year. Baseball will be t-ball for him again. He enjoyed both sports last year so I think he will this year as well.

It's hard to believe that he'll be in 1st grade next year. I'll be sending him off to the bus stop in the morning with Henry and they'll both be gone all day. I'm a little worried about Tessa. She is used to being around William all morning so I'm not sure how she'll react when it's just she and I all day, every day. She'll have preschool three mornings a week but still it's a pretty big adjustment for her to make. I'm sensing more princess time in the future.

1 comment:

mstokes said...

The image in my mind is of a Jedi polishing up his skills in the driveway!