Friday, February 12, 2010

Notes from a Cloudy Winter's Day

*Henry is really starting to slow down. He missed school today because he just couldn't get up and going this morning. That's OK - I'm impressed that he made it through the week so far. He'll miss all next week for his treatment and then hopefully be good to go the week after that (except for some followup doctor appointments).

*Tessa had a little too much fun boxing on the Wii this morning. I heard her say, "You're going down to Chinatown" and counting down the knockouts. I also realized that of all the Mii's she could choose to box against, she chose me. Not sure what that says about our relationship right now, but there you have it.

*William has had entirely too many treats this week with all the activities that kindergarten has to offer. He walks around with a goofy grin on his face that I think is a crashing sugar high.

*Henry has decided to be mad at me because of all the things he has missed because of his thyroid cancer and it's treatment, including two sledding parties, four of his seven basketball games this season, pizza day at school (pizza is a no-no on the Low Iodine Diet), Valentine's Day treats (same thing), and the Spelling Bee. He was chosen as one of two students to represent his class in the school spelling bee and he'll at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital that day. I believe I heard the words "Stupid Thyroid Cancer" the other day. I couldn't agree more.

*Things may look up for the weekend, though, thanks to our friend Melissa who loaned us her snow cone machine. Since sugar is OK on the Low Iodine Diet we are making sour grape snowcones now. I realize that it's February and we normally don't have snow cones in February but it made Henry smile and we haven't had too much of that lately. So snow cones it is. We'll just turn up the gas fireplace and indulge.

3 comments:

mstokes said...

Really, that is why we bought the snow cone machine anyway! Smiles! You eat up!

mstokes said...

I think that Easton would choose to bpx me too! Well actually I get punched in the face by him daily!Usually when I tell him that he can't play the wii!

Kassey said...

I am sure both my kids would box me!! Have fun with the snow cones -- that sounds fun!